Fen Edge Community Association (FECA) is committed to taking positive and proactive steps to contribute to and promote a safe and caring environment, free from discrimination, for everyone in the community that it serves in the Fen Edge Patch (Cottenham, Landbeach, Rampton, Waterbeach and Willingham).
FECA aims to provide a welcoming and caring environment that promotes and reflects cultural and social diversity and is equally accessible to all.
FECA’s equality policy is designed to help everyone involved to counteract and eliminate both direct and indirect discrimination in decision-making and service provision, to ensure equality of opportunity for all in our activities and others, throughout the Fen Edge Patch.
In addition to adhering to all relevant current legislation, FECA will endeavour to challenge any offensive behaviour, language or attitudes with regard to any of the ‘Protected Characteristics’ as outlined by the Equality Act 2010 (and associated legislation):
- Gender Reassignment
- Marriage and Civil Partnership
- Pregnancy and Maternity
- Religion or Belief
- Sexual Orientation
FECA recognises that achieving the objectives of our equality policy relies on the active involvement of the community. As such, FECA will both welcome and encourage residents to become involved in our work, and to comment on the effectiveness of its policies and procedures.
FECA will take the following actions to create an environment that is welcoming to all and free from discrimination:
- Ensure that its activities are open and available to all
- Treat all residents with equal concern and value
- Have regard for promoting understanding, respect and awareness of diversity and equal opportunities issues in planning FECA’s services and activities
- Ensure that FECA’s printed and electronic communications reflect our commitment to equality, promote diversity, and do not contain negative or discriminatory images or text.
FECA’s policies are kept under review by the Trustees to ensure FECA does not operate in a discriminatory manner or in any way against its commitment to equality.
This policy was approved by FECA on 8th September 2016.